Rebooting and Resetting the System¶
Rebooting the Site Controller¶
If you ever need to reboot a site controller, this is accomplished through the SimplySNAP interface without the need to be present at the site controller.
To reboot the site controller:
- Click Config - System to open the System tab.
- Click the Reboot Site Controller button to open the reboot site controller popup window, then click Reboot to reboot the site controller.
Factory Resetting a Site Controller¶
While unlikely, there may be a time when circumstance leaves a site controller in an unknown, unreachable, or otherwise unrecoverable state where a factory reset is necessary. A full factory reset of your SimplySNAP lighting controller is accomplished via the Backup/Restore tab within the Config screen, or manually using buttons on the site controller.
A factory reset will interrupt lighting service and remove all configured Lights, Sensors, Zones, and Scenes, and return your site controller to its factory default state. Do not perform a factory reset unless it is your intention to delete all of this information.
To factory reset a SimplySNAP site controller using the user interface:
- Click Config - Backup/Restore to open the Backup/Restore tab.
- Verify you have a current backup of your system.
- Click the Factory Reset button to open the factory reset site controller pop-up window.
- Click the Factory Reset button to reset the site controller.
To factory reset a SimplySNAP site controller using the side buttons:
- Push and hold Button 1 on the side of the SimplySNAP sitecontroller for five seconds.
- The bottom LED (LED3) will glow amber for 2 seconds, during which the unit will return to factory defaults.
- When the bottom LED turns off, release the button.